The strength of our pro-life demonstrations and protests may be ignored, but “the prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective” (James 5:16).
Let’s pray the following during this critical hour:
1. Pray for a spiritual awakening in our nation.
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:14).
2. Pray for expectant mothers who may be facing horrific circumstances. Pray that God will bring peace to the anxieties and fears they may be facing. Pray that the church will rise up to address the needs young mothers are facing.
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds” (Psalm 147:3).
3. Pray that America will repent of injustice on behalf of the most vulnerable among us.
“But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!” (Amos 5:24).
4. Pray that abortionists will come to know Christ as Savior.
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
5. Pray that abortion facilities will close.
“He thwarts the plans of the crafty, so that their hands achieve no success” (Job 5:12).
6. Pray that the hearts of lawmakers and judges will be awakened to the value of human life from conception to death.
“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh” (Ezekiel 36:26).
7. Pray that Christians can be an example of love and peace.
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love” (1 John 4:7-8).
8. Pray for churches to continue providing life-sustaining alternatives, including foster or adoptive care.
“Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you” (James 1:27, NLT).
9. Pray for those considering abortions to have divine encounters that will give them hope for their future.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV).
10. Pray for women who have been the victims of abortionists, that they will experience spiritual, emotional and physical healing.
“The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love” (Ps. 145:8).
This list was inspired by the General Superintendent of the AG.
Copyright © 2020 by Scott Howell @ https://unambiguousvision.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2019-04-30T20:39:00-05:00&max-results=4&start=12&by-date=false. Used with permission. No part of this article may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from Lifeword.org.